Friday, November 12, 2010

It's a Film Festival

Cucalorus is a big event here; it's an acclaimed 4-day film festival.  I love movies and was so impressed when I moved here that a city this size had a film festival of this caliber.  So I offered my services and joined the board a couple months back.

I was in Wilmington last year in early November, but reeling from the Sudden Cardiac Arrest and domestic turmoil.  I think I saw perhaps one movie in the four days (and I was still on the cardiologist-ordered-no-driving bit, so that made it tough.)

One amazing year later.  Skippy the defibrillator and I are fully immersed in our Cucalorus - went to opening events and one film yesterday, several more things scheduled today and more, more, more movies.

Some of the films will be great, some will be awful, others just forgettable.  But the energy and joy of the 4 day bonanza is the treat; what a difference a year makes.  Unrecognizable, my life is unrecognizable.

Happy to get to be part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment