Monday, September 14, 2009

First Ten MInutes - the start

Why the name?
I recently lived through an episode of "Sudden Cardiac Arrest" - I survived it because I happened to be in a hospital Emergency Room when it happened.
I was admitted for a few days of tests, procedures, monitoring and finally the insertion of my very own pacemaker/defibrillator.
On the morning of discharge, my very witty Cardiologist/electrophysiologist stopped by:
Him: How was your night?
Me: Fine.
Him: Did you sleep OK?
Me: Fine. Like a log.
Him: No problems with your heart?
Me: No. I haven't had any problems with my heart since I've been here.
Him: Well, except for those first ten minutes.............

Check back - this will be a journey of discovery, battle, adjustment, balance. Oh, and learning to accept some facts I just don't care for.

Marty
September 14, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment