Sunday, January 30, 2011

Regrets are Evil

Hershey Park Comet
What a week.  Up, down, whipsaw first one way then another - -- a roller coaster.  And I don't like roller coasters.   One day of joy, one of tumult, one of regret, many of confusion.  Got to ride all of it - pleasure, pain, anxiety, remorse, fear, joy.

We all have our ways of working through life's bombshells and blasts.  Some drink, some eat, some avoid, some talk -- me, I write, I read, I go to meetings. Hell, I even went to Mass.  Always a little scary when a deeply lapsed Catholic turns up at church.

SCA has taught me that "regret-avoidance" is a very useful roadmap for choices, especially when one is so upside down that you know with certainty that you are not making good decisions.  It would be ever so helpful is the really crappy choice could wear a sign around its neck that says "You will regret me".

That would be nice.  Maybe even patent-able.

No comments:

Post a Comment