Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Car Stick-People Magnets

(This post was updated 12/14/11 when I got this photo from a Virginia friend)
OK, I am having a day.  Actually, I  have gotten a few pieces of good news so far today, so I am not sure why I am having a day, but I am.  This is the type of thing that is not supposed to happen after the  Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) - you know, just becoming irritable and unreasonable without any kind of basis.  (In my 12 step group, there is talk about "becoming irritable and unreasonable without knowing it".  My great sign of progress is that I know  I am being unreasonably irritable.) I feel like because I am a member of the 2% SCA survival club, and specifically a member of the infinitesimal club of survivors with no-heart-damage and no-brain-damage ---- I am really not supposed to be this way.  Ever.  It feels so ungrateful.  However....

Here goes --- those magnets in the back window of cars signifying their perfect family.  Mom, dad, 2.3 children, 1.5 pets.  When did this crap start?  They annoy me.  They bug me on good days, but on days like today, they seriously bug me.    And are they really all on minivans and SUV's or does it simply seem that way?

Here is the magnet family I want to see today :
Dad and his mistress.
Mom and her boy-toy pool boy.
Perhaps the sibling no one is speaking to anymore.
And the doctor prescribing Prozac or Zoloft for some or all of them.
Children with their youth parole officers.
The dog would still be OK, but no cats. Ever.

There, I feel better.  Thank you.

5 comments:

  1. WOW! And NO brain damage! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, no more than I had BEFORE the SCA anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well heres my dysfunctional life pic for my mini van..... "So be it!". Ruth

    https://picasaweb.google.com/989ruth/Perception?authkey=Gv1sRgCOHH0pDSy8Pp2AE&feat=directlink

    ReplyDelete
  4. RUTH -
    I don't know how to message you - I LOVE your pic.
    May I use it?

    ReplyDelete