Monday, April 18, 2011

Reality v. Potential - A Very Slow Learner



Sigh.  The smarter girls learned long ago to see the reality in situations and people, not the wondrous potential.  To invest emotionally in what actually stands before us  --- and not to invest in our fantasized version of what one day may  be.  May, might, possibly, perchance, conceivably, perhaps, in your dreams.....
I never have been one of those smarter girls.
I hope to learn this trick before I croak.  Or croak again, as the case may be.  Or even after.  But I hope to learn this one.

Adulthood sucks at times, it truly does.

2 comments:

  1. Well,

    I see now that my future was denied me, in my younger life, by a bevy of smarter girls. If only I had met a dreamer girl. She would have seen my potential and today, I'd be somebody! ...sigh...
    But, I still have my dreams! They have only their "somebodies".

    Thanks again, Marty. You always seem to hit home.

    ReplyDelete