Thursday, December 31, 2009

Readers

I took a breath a couple weeks ago and invited two friends to read this blog. Up until then, only one sister and some people at the Sudden Cardiac Arrest group knew of its existence. I didn't quite get the reaction I was expecting, though I'm not exactly sure what my expectation was.

One said "it's sad" and " I knew this was a bigger deal than you had let on". Well, yeah - arrest is arrest. Hard to sweep it under the rug. But I really didn't/don't think it's sad, though it saddens me to hear that.

The other said "perhaps you should see a mental health professional". Geez - I thought I was handling this pretty well; processing, observing myself, grateful, avoiding a victim persona, working through it with aplomb and some humor, admittedly a bit dark here and there.

Moral of story - no more such invitations. Maybe more jokes.

Here's one I like, for no reason:
An eight year old was asked "How can you tell if two people are married"?.
Response: "I guess you could try to figure out if they are yelling at the same kid".

No comments:

Post a Comment